A password will be e-mailed to you.
2VKHB9RbEkk

To save money, homeowners are regularly performing their own DIY jobs. Typically, with Youtube as their only source of guidance.

However, two hundred thousand people a year are injured in DIY accidents. This is an alarming statistic as if not done properly, dealing with DIY tasks could have deadly consequences. (Not to mention it also annoys the millions of tradespeople out there who have to come and fix all the mistakes! Take a look at some of the worst DIY bodge jobs here).

To try and prevent this kind of thing from happening, Electrical Safety First released a video Youtube demonstrating the dangerous outcome that can come from doing it yourself.

The video features ‘Mike Power’ who is showing viewers how to move a socket at home. However, it soon becomes clear that things aren’t right. He is shown to place his screwdriver behind the wall to remove it. But then, sparks begin to fly from the plug and Mike falls to the floor screeching. Fortunately, though, this is all acting and Mike isn’t harmed. Nonetheless, though, it does present a very real issue of DIY danger.

The aim of the video was to show viewers that these types of videos may not always be legitimate and they should be cautious at to who they’re trusting as a professional.

Take a look at the clip below:

So what do you think? Do you agree that people should be cautious about DIY? Let us know in the comments below.

Source: www.mirror.co.uk
Statistics: www.telegraph.co.uk
Feature Image/Video Credit: Youtube/Electrical Safety First

Read More: