Being a tradesman is not a typical nine to five job. It’s long hours and hard work and at times, it can be tough to get the job done on time. However, one thing we’ve noticed here at On The Tools is that tradesmen have a unique ability to improvise, really well. Whether this be improvising new ways to use tools or to get the job done, either way, they’re pretty imaginative.
Therefore, we decided to put together some of the best alternative methods that we’ve seen being used to get the job done.
10. Lazy? Or an ingenious way to get the job done?
9. When you forget your ladders and just have to improvise!
7. Are stairlifts the new key tool to get the job done?
5. ‘Fuck off spray’, one way to avoid doing what you’re told to do.
3. If you can’t reach, improvise!
2. Using your tools to make lunch…
1. Hoverboard hack!
Not only that, but tradesmen can also be pretty imaginative when it comes to their pranks too. One apprentice recently severely regretted going on his phone when he should have been working. He was publicly humiliated in a brilliantly imaginative way. Take a look at his story here.
One construction worker even implemented a pretty imaginative way of keeping his ex-wife out of his house too. He built a three-metre high barbed wire fence to keep his wife away. Take a look at his crazy construction here.
So what do you think? Are construction workers imaginative? Let us know in the comments below.